Itron Enterprise Edition Meter Data Management (IEE MDM) is a highly-scalable enterprise application to centralize the collection, processing, storage and complex analysis of meter and other utility-related data. Two database platforms are available to meet your business and technology needs: Microsoft®
—the choice is yours. Using one secure, centralized data management environment significantly reduces the likelihood of errors in business processes that use meter data.
IEE MDM provides consistent, meaningful data to upstream utility applications and can act as a critical component to automated meter reading (AMR), advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) and Smart Grid efforts, especially when implemented prior to a large-scale residential rollout. IEE MDM eases IT integration of AMI, and facilitates the distribution of meter data across the utility enterprise by framing the volumes of interval data retrieved from the field into manageable and familiar information. Additionally, by consolidating reading data from multiple collection systems into IEE MDM, utilities can set consistent validation routines to truly evaluate the performance of their AMI systems. And because IEE MDM easily interfaces to existing billing systems and analysis tools, you can deploy a cost-effective data management system without affecting existing billing processes.
With IEE MDM, your company can capitalize on the wealth of meter data to vastly improve access to information used for decision-making and analysis, giving you:
- Increased quality of data from operating a single, central repository, instead of separate and inconsistently managed systems
- Reduced IT implementation and maintenance costs by improving the interoperability of applications
- Improved data reliability with consistent and enforceable processes.
- Reduced manual manipulation of data for your largest, most demanding customers
- Support for simpler, faster and less expensive rollout of advanced metering and smart grid technologies by reducing the number of maintained interfaces between collection and billing systems
- Improved security and accountability through consistent auditing and versioning of all data
- An extensible meter data management solution that interfaces to a suite of powerful analytical software applications for complex billing, customer care, demand response, distribution optimization and design and revenue assurance