Features + Benefits
With an impact-resistant case, rubberized overmold at every point-of-contact and full-shift lithium ion battery, the FC300 is ideally suited to the rigors of daily field work. Communications flexibility is an integral part of the FC300, with multiple wireless communications technologies available to transfer data. A built-in LED flashlight, 2D barcode scanner and monochrome imager equips your field workers with all the tools they need in one integrated solution.
The FC300SR adds an optional SRead™ radio—featuring 900 MHz bi-directional communications technology that offers unparalleled meter reading performance with its ability to collect interval data, or datalogging from the 100G DL and 100W, Itron’s latest gas and water meter modules. With an optional GPS receiver, field crews can leverage some of the most advanced technologies to optimize service delivery.
Each FC300 can be used with Itron’s MV-RS®, Field Collection System (FCS), or AnyQuest meter reading software applications. The FC300 also interfaces with Itron’s field service application, Field Deployment Manager, for increased productivity when programming, installing and maintaining endpoints and meters.
The FC300 promises to be the most comprehensive handheld computer available to the energy and water industries by offering:
- Shock mounted electronics—all points of contact are insulated with rubber surrounds for maximum impact resistance
- Over-molding on all external contact points for superior durability and performance
- Wireless data communications options, including 802.11b/g wireless LAN and Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR Class 2 radio
- Optional SRead or 433MHz Radian radio for the FC300SR offers greater sensitivity and reduces interference.
- Optional GPS receiver
- Built-in LED flashlight to perform field tasks in dark locations
- Li-Ion rechargeable battery offers full days worth of reliable performance
- Hot-swappable battery change-outs in the harshest environments
- Built-in imager for linear and 2D barcode scanning, as well as monochrome image capture
- 3.7” color, sun-light readable touchscreen display that helps ease eye strain and increase efficiency