LIBERTY LAKE, Wash. — May 9, 2019 — Itron, Inc. (NASDAQ: ITRI) today announced its participation and exhibition at IoT World 2019, which will take place May 13-16 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in California. Itron will exhibit its latest Industrial IoT (IIoT), smart city, smart utility and developer ecosystem capabilities at booth #602 as well as present in a keynote and educational breakout sessions. Itron partners will demonstrate various IIoT applications in the Itron booth, including two new demos from Cleverciti and RWI Synthetics.
Cleverciti, a German company specializing in smart parking solutions, will showcase for the first time how it is utilizing Itron’s IoT Edge Router to integrate its solution with Itron’s networks and enable consumers to find parking in real time. RWI Synthetics utilizes behavioral research and historical data to create synthetic environments, which give cities an opportunity to design human outcomes alongside their trials of sensors, control system, communication infrastructure and emergency notifications. During his keynote, Itron’s President and CEO, Philip Mezey, will showcase how cities can utilize these synthetic environments to better design cities to mitigate disaster response.
“Itron’s developer program continues to gain momentum with an increasing number of ecosystem partners showcasing their technologies at IoT World and collaborating with Itron on pilot projects with customers worldwide. In the last year, demand for our program has accelerated, and Itron has deployed more than 10 pilots with six different partners,” said Todd Thayer, director of technology and ecosystem enablement at Itron. “Through these projects, Itron continues to demonstrate new capabilities and enhanced value to its utility and city customers by accelerating the commercialization of new solutions created through the developer program.”
During IoT World 2019, Itron will also participate in a number of speaking opportunities, covering a wide variety of topics from natural disaster preparedness to the IIoT product development process. Full presentation details are as follows:
Wednesday, May 15, 2019
- 9:10 a.m. PDT: Keynote: Mitigating Risk from Natural Disasters Using IIoT Applications, presented by Philip Mezey, president and CEO of Itron.
- 12 p.m. PDT: Panel: How IoT is Disrupting Resources in the 21st Century and Creating Change, featuring Don Reeves, SVP, services and delivery at Itron.
- 4:10 p.m. PDT: Panel: Utilizing Smart Data and Analytics Within Your City for Deployments and Decision Making, featuring Don Reeves, SVP, services and delivery at Itron.
Visit booth #602 at IoT World to learn more about Itron’s IIoT solutions and growing developer program and partner ecosystem, including:
- Sustainable Infrastructure and Air Quality Management by Aeroqual
- Digital Services and Smart Parking by Cleverciti
- Gunshot Localization by Databuoy
- Radiation Detection by D-Tect
- Methane Detection by New Cosmos and Cloud Execution by Losant
- Traffic Monitoring by Houston Radar and Citilog (an Axis Communications company)
- Synthetic City Monitoring by RWI Synthetics
- Intelligent Grid Sensing by Sentient Energy
- Grid-Edge Optimization by Utilidata
Itron enables utilities and cities to safely, securely and reliably deliver critical infrastructure services to communities in more than 100 countries. Our portfolio of smart networks, software, services, meters and sensors helps our customers better manage electricity, gas and water resources for the people they serve. By working with our customers to ensure their success, we help improve the quality of life, ensure the safety and promote the well-being of millions of people around the globe. Itron is dedicated to creating a more resourceful world. Join us: www.itron.com.
Itron® is a registered trademark of Itron, Inc. All third-party trademarks are property of their respective owners and any usage herein does not suggest or imply any relationship between Itron and the third party unless expressly stated.
For additional information, contact:
Public Relations Specialist