LIBERTY LAKE, Wash. — May 8, 2018 — Itron, Inc. (NASDAQ: ITRI), which is innovating the way utilities and cities manage energy and water, today announced its participation and exhibition at IoT World 2018, which takes place May 14-17 at the Santa Clara Convention Center. Itron will exhibit its latest IoT, smart city, smart utility and developer enablement capabilities at booth #510 on the expo floor as well as present in multiple keynote and session presentations.
At IoT World, Itron will demonstrate how connected smart devices and applications can improve communities by increasing efficiency, safety and quality of life. Itron will also showcase partner technologies, all developed within Itron’s Partner Ecosystem, highlighting the organizations’ shared commitment to enhancing critical infrastructure services for communities across the globe, including:
- Air quality sensor from Aeroqual Gas leak detection sensor from eLichens
- Traffic counting camera from Axis Communications and Citilog
- Seismic monitoring by Omron with Itron's GasGate demonstrating remote gas disconnect
- Wastewater monitoring and alerting from US Cubed
- Distributed intelligence from SWIM.AI
- Gunshot detection from Databuoy
- Smart parking by CommuniThings
- Transformer monitoring and line sensors by Operational Technology Solutions
- Radiation detection from D-tect Systems
Additionally, Itron will have dedicated team members at the company’s booth ready to discuss the Itron Developer Program, which aims to facilitate the integration of the company’s technology into new applications for smart utilities, smart cities and industrial IoT. Program staff and developers will be on-hand to discuss available tools for developers, such as hardware development kits, software simulation, support documentation and reference applications to help accelerate time to market.
Itron will also be participating in a number of presentations during IoT World 2018. The company will discuss a wide variety of topics from multi-application networks to smart city technology innovation to the IoT product development process. Full presentation details are as follows:
Tuesday, May 15, 2018
- 2:40 p.m. PDT: Driving IIoT Innovation, presented by Sharelynn Moore, SVP of networked solutions at Itron
Wednesday, May 16, 2018
- 9 a.m. PDT: One Size Does Not Fit All: Delivering a Multi-Application IIoT Network, presented by Philip Mezey, president and CEO of Itron
- Noon PDT: Engaging in the Smart Cities Journey - Innovation from Pilot to Deployment, presented by Dan Evans, director of product management at Itron; Andrew Watkins of Marketplace.city; Michael Sherwood of the City of Las Vegas; Jennifer Sanders with the Dallas Innovation Alliance; Lee Farrell of the City of Ottawa; and Mobeen Khan of AT&T
- 1:40 p.m. PDT: From Ideation to Commercialization: Bringing an IoT Product to Life, presented by Todd Thayer, director of technical enablement of Itron and Mark Anderson, CTO at Operational Technology Solutions
Thursday, May 17, 2018
- 2 p.m. PDT: Multi-Service Networks as a Shared and Marketable Asset, presented by Ty Roberts, VP product marketing at Itron
To learn more about Itron’s participation in IoT World, Santa Clara, please visit www.itron.com/events/iot-world.
Itron enables utilities and cities to safely, securely and reliably deliver critical infrastructure services to communities in more than 100 countries. Our portfolio of smart networks, software, services, meters and sensors helps our customers better manage electricity, gas and water resources for the people they serve. By working with our customers to ensure their success, we help improve the quality of life, ensure the safety and promote the well-being of millions of people around the globe. Itron is dedicated to creating a more resourceful world. Join us: www.itron.com.
Itron® and OpenWay® are registered trademarks of Itron, Inc. All third-party trademarks are property of their respective owners and any usage herein does not suggest or imply any relationship between Itron and the third party unless expressly stated.
For additional information, contact:
Senior Public Relations Manager
(509) 891 3802