LIBERTY LAKE, Wash. — Oct. 11, 2017 — Itron Utility Week, which begins this weekend in Houston, Texas, brings together industry experts from leading utility companies and technology partners to explore and discover new opportunities for innovation and resourceful use of energy, gas and water.
The annual event features 1,000 leaders across the globe, providing opportunity for attendees to gain valuable insights to maximize the potential of their systems, resources and technology. This year, the event will explore creative, unique ways of solving challenges with greater efficiency and effectiveness.
What: Itron Utility Week 2017 includes more than 90 breakout sessions, two thought-provoking keynotes, countless networking opportunities and access to the Knowledge Center—a showcase of Itron's comprehensive solutions and partner technologies
When: Oct. 13-20, 2017, including the Knowledge Conference, Itron Utility Week’s main event, Oct. 15-17
Where: Marriot Marquis in Houston, Texas
Who: Keynote speakers at Itron Utility Week include: Scott Prochazka, president and CEO of CenterPoint Energy and Colonel Mike Mullane, Retired Colonel, U.S. Airforce and NASA, and recipient of the Air Force Distinguished Flying Cross and the NASA Space Flight Medal
Additional event activities:
- Industry Awards: During the opening general session on Monday, Frost & Sullivan will announce this year’s winners of the Excellence in Resourcefulness Awards for Energy and Water.
- Women in Utilities Reception: On Tuesday afternoon, Samantha Ettus, a renowned work/life wellness expert, will discuss how women can maximize their work and life satisfaction to achieve greater productivity and better relationships.
- Big Picture Sessions: Itron will host two Big Picture Sessions focusing on technology developments and business drivers shaping the industry’s future. Topics include, “Where IoT Meets the Smart Grid: The Intersection of Edge Intelligence, Sensors and Networks” and “Connected Communities and the Partnerships and Projects that Power Them.” Big Picture Sessions will be livestreamed by Greentech Media.
- Breakout Sessions: Tailored breakout sessions provide the opportunity to hear from fellow utility peers, Itron employees, partners and other industry leaders about harnessing the capabilities of new technology. Session tracks include Analytics & Advanced Applications, Data Management, Mobile & Measurement Solutions and Smart Grid & Smart Networks.
- Training and Users’ Forums: Both before and after the conference, attendees can participate in hands-on training sessions to better understand the depth and breadth of Itron’s core technologies. Additionally, the Itron Users’ Forums offer an open discussion with Itron product experts and utility peers to share experience and knowledge.
To keep up with live updates throughout the conference, follow the Itron blog and tune into the livestreamed general sessions and big picture sessions or visit Itron Facebook page for other livestreamed content.
Itron is a world-leading technology and services company dedicated to the resourceful use of energy and water. We provide comprehensive solutions that measure, manage and analyze energy and water. Our broad product portfolio includes electricity, gas, water and thermal energy measurement devices and control technology; communications systems; software; as well as managed and consulting services. With thousands of employees supporting nearly 8,000 customers in more than 100 countries, Itron applies knowledge and technology to better manage energy and water resources. Together, we can create a more resourceful world. Join us: www.itron.com.
Itron® is a registered trademark of Itron, Inc. All third party trademarks are property of their respective owners and any usage herein does not suggest or imply any relationship between Itron and the third party unless expressly stated.
For additional information, contact:
Vice President, Corporate Marketing and Public Affairs
(509) 891 3524