Who Can Apply?
- The Challenge is open to solution providers worldwide. We are looking for the best solution for each challenge, so eligibility for all challenges is open to companies and teams worldwide
- Participation is not limited to developers that are based in the sponsoring cities London and Glasgow.
- Winners must be incorporated or otherwise organized as a legal business entity.
- Complete Terms and Conditions for the Smart City Challenge are available here.
What is the Challenge Process?
There are two phases in the Smart City Challenge.
- Applications for first round selection will open on November 12th, 2018.
- Applicants provide a brief description of their proposed solution. A maximum of 15 applicants for each challenge will be selected as finalists.
- Finalists will have approximately 8 weeks to demonstrate an integrated solution using the Itron developer kits.
- Finalists will be able to update their original submission and provide additional supplementary materials (e.g. demo video or solution overview deck).
2018 November 12
2019 February 8
2019 March 6
2019 May 1
Technical Requirements for Participants
- You can build an integrated device using our Milli HDK
- You can connect an existing device using the IoT Edge Router for plug-and-play access to Itron’s industrial-grade IoT network
- You can integrate an application with the Itron Data Platform
- You can develop edge compute applications that can be run on the Itron IoT Edge Router
- Participant should strive to submit a working demonstration by the end of the challenge development period on March 6, 2019
For more information, see our developer resources below